Last updated on December 24th, 2020 at 09:31 am
Brother engineers totally have beginners in mind while designing this machine. Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW is equipped with a one-touch convenience to make beginners love sewing.
This review is done to reduce your doubt. Furnished with all the details you need to make a decision of purchasing the perfect Project Runway Sewing Machine.
Brother CS5055PRW Review – Why choose?
Brother CS5055PRW is a popular and widely used sewing machine across the United States, Canada, and Europe due to the versatility.
There have been three project runway series; this is the cheapest out of the lot. If we are to consider the price, it is a good machine worthy of the price.
It is an amazing computerized sewing machine, with enough ability, features and capabilities to carry out tedious, demanding, and even intermediate level sewing projects.
Description of Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW features
Brother CS5055PRW is equipped with around 50 built-in utility, decorative and heirloom stitches that provide an array of options. With the stitches available, you can craft and design beautiful projects.
In addition with a LED-lit work area, you can visibly see all of your stitches. You also have a five, custom and one-step buttonhole with a vertical spool spin. One unique advantage of this sewing machine is the built-in stretch stitches; You can sew elastics, fleece, and other flexible materials.
Coupled with this you have an automatic needle threading that reduces eye-sight straining just to thread a needle. The CS5055PRW is a computerized sewing machine provided with an LCD screen that displays all the needed functions. On the screen, you can see the smart stitch selector.
Wherever you need to move your sewing machine to, Brother CS5055PRW is ready to go. This machine is Lightweight and compact at just 10 pounds, with a plastic handle that aids mobility. As a beginner and learner, you can carry your sewing machine to class without feeling pain in your arm.
The stitch selector displays your stitch, the length, and width. Brother CS5055PRW also recommends the right foot to use in sewing the stitch style. If anything happens to your machine within 25 years, you have a limited warranty that covers it.
The sewing machine is not just a pack of all the needed features; you also have access to extras with your Brother PR CS5055PRW.
Who should buy Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW?
As earlier emphasized, Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW sewing machine is designed for learners and beginners. It has an easy set-up and usability which is ideal for beginners to get quickly to work.
Both beginners and intermediate users will find the Brother CS5055PRW useful. However, it may not be able to withstand the punishing and rigorous usage of expert users. For learners and noobs, his is one sewing machine you can take to class with a lighter than usual weight.
Quick recap of features for Brother CS5055PRW
- 50 built-in stitches (utility, quilting, decorative, and heirloom)
- LCD screen
- Built-in stretch stitches (for stretchy fabrics)
- Automatic needle threader
- Five automatic buttonholes
- Fast bobbin winding system
- 87 stitch functions
- Free arm
- Drop feed capable
- LED light to illuminate sewing area
- Twin needle capable
- 7 point feed dogs
- Maximum stitch width 7mm, maximum stitch length 5mm
- Built-in carry handle
- Vertical spool pins for consistent thread feeding
- Variable needle positions
- Top drop-in bobbin
- Adjustable thread tension control
- Maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches/minute
- Foot controller
- Adjustable stitch width and length
- One touch reverse
- Quick set-up and use
- Averagely and reasonably priced
- Well written and understandable manual
- Ability to sew cumbersome and thick fabrics
- Low noise emission
- Loading bobbin is easy
- Lightweight and mobile.
- Plastics was majorly used for machine part
- Small storage compartment
- LED light not useful, too dim
- Hard time threading the needle
What’s in the Package?
- Brother PR CS5055PRW Sewing Machine
- Six sewing feet (zipper foot, button sewing foot ,overcasting foot, blind stitch foot, buttonhole foot, monogramming foot)
- Needles (twin needle and ballpoint needle)
- Seam ripper
- Cleaning brush
- An extra spool pin
- Large/medium/small spool caps.
- Built in accessory storage.